All Airport Locations
Ramp Services Agents load and unload aircraft, perform aircraft cleaning, service aircraft water and lavatory systems and drive airport equipment on the ramp.
When a person checks in at the airport, their luggage is placed on a moving bag belt which is transferred to the bag room for sorting and allocation to the correct flight. This is the realm of the Ramp Services Agent.
Once the aircraft arrives, it is the Ramp Services Agent’s role to marshal the aircraft onto the parking bay and position all ground support equipment (GSE) and guide passengers into the terminal. They are then required to unload the aircraft of passenger baggage and freight and transfer it to the terminal for passenger pickup. Prior to passengers boarding the aircraft for its next flight sector, Ramp Services Agents may clean the aircraft cabin and service the aircraft potable water and lavatory systems. When all baggage checks are complete, baggage handlers will then load the aircraft holds with the passenger baggage, and any additional freight, before marshalling or pushing the aircraft onto the taxi way using a specialised push back tractor.
Ramp Services Agents have an extremely important role in relation to airport safety and security, as such all employees must be eligible to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Swissport offers full training, competitive remuneration, and excellent career opportunities.
- Efficient, reliable and well presented
- Customer focussed to deliver exceptional service
- Fluent in spoken and written english
- Basic computer skills
- Flexible and available for shift work that includes early starts, late finishes, weekend and public holidays
- Drivers License
- Physical fitness as lifting up to 32kg is required
- Successful applicants will need to undertake security/background check including Federal Police Check, pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and dangerous goods training at their own expense prior to commencing training.