Aerocare is Australia and New Zealand’s largest ground handler, delivering a full range of ramp and customer services for major airlines. Aerocare recently joined Swissport, the world’s leading provider of ground and air cargo services, active at 315 airports in 50 countries across all five continents.
Aerocare is seeking a hands-on leader for the position of Airport Services Manager for our Broome Operation. As Airport Services Manager, you will lead a small dedicated team member in the provision of a full range of services to our airline partners. This involves maximising performance and culture across the areas of safety, efficiency and reliability, and exceeding the service delivery expectations of Aerocare’s clients (airlines) and their customers.
Leadership & Culture
- Ensure that the team have the tools and equipment to effectively carry out their roles;
- Ensure the team achieves defined key performance criteria;
- Coach and develop direct reports and actively manage their performance;
- Uphold staff disciplines and adherence to Aerocare, client and regulatory procedures and policies;
- Lead a culture that values equality, fairness, and transparency, and zero tolerance for bullying, discrimination and harassment;
- Handle escalated staff grievances, complaints, discipline etc.
- Foster and develop the Aerocare ‘Can Do, Will Do’ culture;
- Recognise and reward the team for good performance including facilitating team events;
- Actively carry out succession planning activities within the team.
- Lead optimal operational efficiency through effective planning and management of manpower;
- Ensure that there is consistent, proactive planning to achieve the right number of people are trained in the various disciplines;
- Maximise ancillary revenue collection (such as excess baggage) for client airlines;
- Ensure that KPIs / timesheets are accurate / complete final check and sign-off ahead of client invoicing;
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of all equipment and associated costs for repair and maintenance;
- Approve or create purchase orders for consumables and other key expense items.
- Direct aviation experience including leadership in Customer Service or Ramp Services;
- Demonstrated achievement in managing, motivating and leading a large team;
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced, service operation;
- Experience in developing and implementing business improvements and change management strategies.
- Working knowledge of Australian aviation regulations, along with airport and airline operational policies and procedures;
- Understanding of OH&S framework, practices and principles;
- Advanced MS Word, MS Excel, and E-mail skills;
- Results orientated;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Strategic thinking;
- Problem solving and decision making;
- Commitment to learning and growth;
- Proven ability to effectively lead a large team;
- Developing Others;
- Relationship Building for Influence.
Ability to develop –
- Working knowledge of our clients ground handling, dangerous goods, security, and emergency response policies and procedures.
If you meet the criteria above and see this as an exciting opportunity to be part of the Aerocare success, apply now.
Applications must be in writing to the Talent Sourcing Manager, with Qualifications/Experience and Required Competencies addressed and supported with evidence where possible.
Please note: Only permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand, or persons who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
Successful applicants will need to undertake Security/Background Check including Federal Police Check, pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and dangerous goods training at their own expense prior to commencing training.